Would you like an intensive course on the Fortran programming language to be given at your organization? The Fortran Company offers courses in Fortran 90/95, Fortran 2003, Fortran 2008, and visual Fortran (several flavors).
Also please note the following: Michael Metcalf, formerly of CERN, Switzerland, and an ex-member of J3 and WG5, offers a Fortran 90 course that lasts for six 75-minute sessions. There is an F version too. He is happy to negotiate holding either version anywhere in the world. These courses are suitable for graduates, or equivalent level, and are a useful way to ‘kick-start’ a Fortran 90 or an F activity at a given site. Contact email@example.com, Manfred-von-Richthofen Strasse 15, 12101 Berlin, Germany, +49.30.77909240,
The following tutorials are available online at no charge:
- C.-K. Shenes Fortran 90 tutorial
- Zane Dodsons Fortran 90 tutorial
- Kaiser, Advanced Fortran 90
- Lars Koesterke, Univ. of Texas
- Viktor Decyk, UCLA
- Numerical Algorithms Group has an excellent summary of the new features of Fortran 2003 on its website.
- Introduction to Modern Fortran is a collection of notes used by Dr. J. S. Morgan for a course. They may be used for private study, but please note the copyright instructions.
- An Open MP Fortran Tutorial.
- Notes from a series of lectures on Fortran 90 by Michael Metcalf at CERN
- A tutorial on the transition from Fortran 77 to Fortran 90 by Bo Einarsson and Yuriy Shokin.
- The University of Liverpool offers a seminar and 1, 3, and 5 day courses in both Fortran 90 and HPF
- The National Computational Infrastructure in Australia has class notes online for a Basic Fortran course and an Advanced Fortran course.