We are currently providing training in:
- Modern Fortran 2003/2008
- F90/95 features – modules, interfaces, procedures, derived types
- F2003 features – object-oriented features, type bound procedures, generics
- F2008 features – coarray Fortran
- Introduction to OpenMP
- Modernizing older codes with modern features to improve readability and performance
- Fortran 90/95
- Two versions are available: one assumes no prior Fortran knowledge, but knowledge of some other programming language (Java, C, C#, C++) is helpful; the other assumes a knowledge of Fortran 77
- Focuses on core Fortran 90/95 features for those interested in modern Fortran programming without all the object-oriented features introduced in Fortran 2003 and 2008
- Visual Fortran (French translation)
- Choice of environments
- Intel / Visual Studio
- Code::Blocks / Gfortran
- Absoft Tools
- Creating projects, solutions
- Editing, compiling, and debugging
- DLL and static libraries
- Interactive, graphical Fortran I/O
- Choice of environments
- Custom Training and Training Outsourcing
About The Fortran Company
For many years, we have focused on consultation, training, code conversions, and seminars covering topics in programming, high-performance computing, and software engineering. Our company provides services for industry, government, and organizations around the world ranging from education and training, textbook creation, custom courseware design, code conversions, and porting of code to technical marketing and consultation.
The Fortran Company courses and seminars are distinguished by a highly interactive training philosophy. Our student-centered courses are deliberately kept small in size to encourage discussion, experimentation, and intense question-answer exchanges. This helps insure that each attendee completes the training with a thorough understanding of the subject matter.
Companies and organizations with a number of employees to train can take advantage of our on-site training program. We can customize our courses to fit your organization’s interests and schedule. Our trainers have presented on-site courses and seminars to customers such as NASA, Army Research Laboratory, Naval Research Laboratory, Air Force Phillips Laboratory, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratory, Microsoft, Cray Research, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Northwest Airlines, Falcon Assets Management (US F & G), the Navy Oceanographic Center, and the Army Waterways Experiment Center.
Currently, the Fortran classes are offered only at customer sites.
In our courses, we utilize the most recent state-of-the-art equipment to demonstrate key concepts and techniques interactively and encourage our attendees to follow along on their workstations. In the modern world, “visual” programming and integrated development environments play a pervasive role, and the ability to learn effective use of programming tools plays a key role in modern programming.
Our courses are designed so that we can extract modules from different courses to customize a seminar to fit your exact needs. For example, we can develop a custom Fortran course that covers the use of a development environment for a specific platform or compiler. Our courseware can be purchased by vendors wishing to use create their own training programs and our trainers are available to teach your specialized Fortran classes. Our clients include Sun Microsystems, Fujitsu, and NEC. If you would like further information about custom courseware development or delivery, please contact our sales team .
Questions, pricing, availability? Contact us
The Fortran Company
6025 N. Wilmot Road
Tucson, AZ 85750
Voice & Fax: +1-877-355-6640